When it comes to blogging for business, and the 30 day blogging challenge, I get asked a lot of things. Luckily for me I love blogging so I don’t mind talking about it! The two most common things that business owners ask me about blogging are:
1. What do I blog about
2. Where do I find the time to blog
In this post we’re going to uncover what you can blog about, because when you know the answer to this question you’ll find it easier to write your blog posts!
Start with your most frequently asked questions.
Yes, the things you’re asked in real life by other people are great topics to write a blog post about. It’s time to go old school – grab a pen and paper – and write down things friends and family ask you about your business.
- Write down the things that customers ask you
- Write down what potential customers ask you before they book up
These questions become great titles for blog posts.
People looking for your products and services often type questions into search engines, and by starting with what people ask you most often is setting yourself up for blogging success!
Create a list of potential blog post ideas and move the easy ones to write to the top of your list!
Now you have some ideas on what to blog about, what do you do with them?
Well, you have to think about your ideal reader and what she’d like to read. Look, I know it’s your blog, that you’re the boss and you can write about whatever you darn well like. But, if you want to build a blog that will generate you leads and grab attention, then you have to consider what your readers will be interested in reading.
Readers want you to understand them, and for you to relieve their fears. This can also be known as “solving their problems”. When you combine a frequently asked question with what your reader really wants to know then you’re onto a winning blog post.
Sometimes you just need a prompt.
Listed below are 31 different blogging prompts to kick start you if you’re unable to think of any frequently asked questions. You can choose any from the list and adapt them to your blog’s niche.
31 Blogging Prompts
- The Tao of XXXX – this prompt works really well as Tao has a certain air about it and speaks to a certain demographic. The word Tao means way or path and can be used to share a business journey or route. Replacing XXXX with a benefit works incredibly well as business post.
- The productivity tips from a master XXXX – we all want to streamline our processes and work more efficiently and productivity and this type of post works well.
- Simple XXXX fundamentals. Here XXXX can be business or an aspect of business that will appeal to your ideal reader.
- When willpower is trumped by XXXX, this prompt captures the imagination when shared socially
- Simple daily habits to ignite your passion to / for. Again we all love an insight into a businesses or person’s routine. This post allows you to showcase your skills and habits. Done well this post will convert readers into subscribers.
- Effortless XXXX, In my case it would be a post about effortless blogging, for you it might be something you find incredibly simple but others get frustrated with.
- How to be XXXX at any time – how to be marvellous, how to be wonderful, how to be supercagafragilistically awesome… okay, you get the picture
- Life lessons from a reluctant XXXX, perhaps semi autobiographical
- Lessons for XXXXX – with XXXX being your ideal customer
- A business book review – remember to add your Amazon affiliate links in
- Finally, the truth about XXXX – A product review
- The Story of me and XXXX. Share the story of you and how you got into this industry
- Simple XXXX, the lazy person’s guide. Depending on who your ideal reader is you may also want to make that the smart person’s guide.
- How to be XXXX at any age. If you are targeting a certain age demographic this prompt will work well for you
- The myth of XXXX – readers love myth busters, so get controversial and bust one or two
- 10 Simple tips to deal with XXXX – solve the problem in quick and simple tips and of course one can be your product
- The really simple way to get XXXX, again it can be adapted to smart people, crazy people, cat people – whatever you call your ideal reader
- The really simple way to get XXXXX
- Get started: From to Zero to XXXX (I use this one a lot)
- The small-scale approach to XXXX. Again this is a great connecter for small biz
- XX of lessons I’ve learnt in XX years. Lessons learnt can be popular and conversation generators.
- Breaking free from xxxx <—- A great one for promoting your product or service
- The little guide to XXXX
- Surround yourself with smart people. Share a post about the team that you have around you and what they bring to your business
- The ritual of XXXX
- Create a case study of how you helped a customer with a specific problem – make the reader feel the pain of the customer and the relief when the solution was put into place.
- The simplest cure for XXX, a nice keyword rich prompt here
- Secrets of the XXXX industry
- Can’t find a perfect XXXX. Create your own XXXX
- XXXX: The first step to XXXX. The first set of XXXX is your target audience and the second is the benefit they are seeking.
- 31 blog posts you shouldn’t miss. A link post of all your blog posts from the month of blogging
(source: Blog Post Prompts)
Now you have a huge list of all the things you can blog about for the next 30 days! You’ll never be stuck for ideas again!
Part of any challenge is to take action, and as today is your first day, well I’ll go easy on you. Leave me a comment on this post with the question you’re most frequently asked or the blogging prompt that you’re going to use.
When you’ve written up your day one blog post take a moment to post it in the Facebook group and increase your visibility :). See you there!
This post is part of my 30 day blogging challenge, and you can subscribe and join us here http://www.sarkemedia.com/30dayblog and if you’re reading this from a search, you’re most welcome to join us!
When you subscribe to the blogging challenge you’ll get a powerful bonus tip, in the day one email, that will enable you to create a blog post-swipe file quickly and easily.